If you`re planning to rent a car from Avis, it`s important to understand their vehicle rental agreement before signing on the dotted line. Here`s a breakdown of what you need to know about Avis`s rental agreement.
1. Driver Requirements: Avis requires renters to be at least 21 years old, hold a valid driver`s license, and have a major credit card in their name. Renters under the age of 25 may be subject to a young driver fee.
2. Rental Duration: Avis allows customers to rent a vehicle for a minimum of one day. Rentals exceeding 24 hours are charged in increments of 24 hours, with a grace period of 29 minutes.
3. Payment: When renting a vehicle from Avis, customers must provide payment in advance, and a security deposit may be required. Accepted forms of payment include major credit cards, debit cards, and Avis Charge Cards.
4. Insurance: Avis offers a variety of insurance options for renters to choose from, including collision damage waiver, personal accident insurance, and supplemental liability insurance. It`s important to review your own insurance policy before opting for additional coverage.
5. Fuel: Avis expects renters to return the vehicle with a full tank of gas. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, the renter will be charged for a refueling service fee in addition to the cost of the missing fuel.
6. Additional Drivers: Avis allows renters to add additional drivers to their rental agreement for a fee. Additional drivers must meet the same driver requirements as the primary renter.
7. Mileage: Avis offers unlimited mileage on most rentals. However, some specialty vehicles may have mileage restrictions, so it`s important to check with the rental location.
8. Rental Extensions: If you need to extend your rental beyond the original reservation, it`s important to contact Avis as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in additional fees and penalties.
By understanding Avis`s vehicle rental agreement, you can ensure a smooth rental experience. Be sure to read the fine print and ask questions if you`re unsure about any of the terms outlined in the agreement. Happy renting!